Lifestyles can become detrimental to your health if you are not paying attention. The most important thing we need to understand is that there is a way to make our lifestyles; better, more efficient and healthier. However, even after knowing many good things about them, we still do not follow them the way we should.
Why does this happen?
The problem lies in how lifestyle has been made these days. You no longer have to go to the store to get paper and then collect a stamp; come back home or find a cafe nearby; write down your letter; make necessary adjustments (n case you made mistakes); go to the post office to post it and then come back home. You can now make this whole process happen in a few clicks from the comfort of a chair.
And then you have got the Smartphone in your hand. It can work as a vital source of information if it has an Internet connection and, more importantly, a health-conscious user. However, the sad reality is people are choosing to sit down with their phones in hand on their couches or in a restaurant for hours, watching or consuming content they may not need in their lives.
In this post, we will go through a number of problems we have to fix in our lives. We can ensure we are conscious enough to evaluate the situation properly and make positive changes to lead a healthy and happy life.
What Is Wrong with Today’s Lifestyle
Did you know that something very common called stress might be the cause of heart disease, cancer, kidney disease and diabetes? Although it sounds pretty bad, the reality is that these deadly diseases may happen even if you are feeling stressed at the end of the day and not dealing with the situation in expert hands.
You need to ensure you are taking care of your health by understanding the modern lifestyle and where it might ‘look’ good, but ”aren’t good’ in the actual sense. For example, is it not a great idea to work at a multinational company as a software developer sitting, working and enjoying our position in a comfy chair for the whole day?
Although it sounds like the perfect life, chances are the person offering you sandwiches at the streetside corner is leading a healthier life than you because they are engaged in physical movement, whereas you are not.
Modern lifestyle has made us sit down and reduce physical activity. And we may not always blame or point out technology for that. Technology has just made a few options available and more comfortable. It does not mean we will translate it to keep our bodies inactive for a long time.
If you have been suffering from a disease because of a lifestyle decision, take immediate steps to recover. If you feel you are experiencing tiredness; loss of appetite; nausea; hallucination, or other symptoms; then do not ignore them and reach a doctor as soon as possible.
Some of these health issues may create a sudden emergency. For example, your doctor might ask you to purchase a costly medicine or to undergo surgery in a few days. In such circumstances, do not wait for an alternative way and take precautions soon. If the money stops you, consider emergency loans with no credit check. You can find these loans from direct lenders. Share your income statement and get approved for an amount within minutes to supply your medical emergency costs.
Lifestyle Choices You Need to Change Today!
We would control these expenses and more significant risks by controlling our lifestyle choices. Read the following points to do that:
A Sedentary Lifestyle
The sedentary lifestyle may point to the lifestyle of a sitting duck. However, it generally means the kind of lifestyle that makes you sit down on a chair, a couch, or somewhere for a long time. Common victims of this lifestyle are desk job workers, entrepreneurs, research professionals and work-from-home communities.
Change your lifestyle by taking a break every 25 minutes or more than that. Try to work at a standing desk so that you can take breaks whenever you need, and it can also make working more comfortable this way.
Quit Alcohol and Smoking (for Good)
And this is not to say that you have quit both of them for a week or so, and then you might rethink at an office party. Quitting is also a commitment; you must make it for the permanent run.
The capacity of your heart and lungs is going to be compromised with smoking. For men, smoking does affect prostate health too. Alcohol, however, screws up almost every organ of the body if taken regularly. Both of them increase the risk of cancer.
There are healthier drinks than Alcohol. Switch to them and keep your organs healthy. Added to that, say ‘no’ to smoking. Apart from allowing you to make smoke rings, it has no benefit.
Consuming Way Too Much Junk Food
You need to understand something about junk food. Just like you do not want to eat food that is processed or made in the laboratory, you also need to have a careful approach towards junk food for the following reasons:
- Junk food is made with refined sugar or refined carbohydrates. You get this thing found in White Flour, White Rice, which are but essential ingredients.
- In many cases, it has been found that ice cream and other sorts of fried foods contain vegetable oil, which is trans fat. Trans fat has been linked to the probable cause of increased cancer risk.
- The high glycemic value of junk food can cause fatigue and increase the risk of developing heart disease and diabetes at a very early age.
- Some junk foods are roasted or burnt, not following food safety regulations. The burnt-up substance is called Acrylamide. You can recognise it by the dark brown or dark colour in bread and meats.
- Due to being packed with Sodium, some junk food items can be highly damaging to your heart and raise blood pressure levels without even letting you know. You may develop hypertension and anxiety.
- Junk foods may also contain Genetically Modified Organisms or GMOs, but typical foods are enhanced in the laboratory by altering their DNA to help them get bigger and tastier. Again GMOs are also linked to probably causing cancer and gastrointestinal diseases.
- Most junk foods you get these days are high in fat content and may not be suitable for cardiovascular health. You do not want cholesterol to screw your systems.
- Items for making fast foods can be stored for an extended period using preservatives. These are extremely bad for health and can cause any of the mentioned diseases. This is why you need to avoid processed food and meats as well.
Choosing natural ingredients and fresh food may allow you to enjoy a bite or two with your friends. Make junk food a fun experience that you seldom have and that too in low quantities.
Unhealthy Sleeping Habits
Consuming content on your phone is good. It is either done for education; entertainment or communication. However, there must be a limit to everything.
Because of your phone and almost unlimited content consumption habits, you need to get enough sleep. Not sleeping at least 7.5 hours or more may lead your body to the diseases mentioned and memory loss.
You can make a change to your lifestyle choices if you are conscious. The first thing to do here is you should move a little. Incorporate exercise in your life and be consistent with it. Make the right lifestyle choice and consume the proper and relevant content. You will surely notice positive changes with time.